Thursday, January 5, 2012

Descriptive Essay

  Where is your favorite place to be? Mine is with my family. Often I think, I really hate my family, but I never really do hate them. Now I will tell specifically about my parents and my sibling.
 My parents are very nice. First I will explain about my father. My father is a lawyer, but he is not the lawyer that everyone imagines.He doesn't help during a trial, but he works for a company that helps another company. He rarely scolds me or my sister, and he doesn't care about my grades. He is very nice and cares for me and my sister very much. He also calms down most of the arguments in the house. That is why any time I get a bad grade, I wait for him. My mother is very different from my father, but she is nice in her own way. She thinks that grades are important, and she scolds me much more than my father does. I think that she is rather scary when she gets angry  or tired. However, during the day when she isn't too tired, she is very nice to me. Sometimes I feel that she is the only one that would be able to understand me. Although my father is less scary, I think I  have always liked them both fairly.
   My 6 year old sister is like a big, heavy burden that I have to carry. I have always felt that she was very annoying, but not many people agree with me. I think she is very annoying because she tries to do everything in her way. Not only does she seem annoying, she seems to be too proud of herself. She seems to think that she is the best in the world. However, I cannot help but agree with the fact that she does look cute and is cute at time.  Of course, these are just my thougths, so it isn't necessarily true. It is just the way I see her because she is with me all the time. She is a very cute little sister. It's probably just a part of growing up.
  Although sometimes  there seems to be a lot of problems in my family, I still love my family and care for them. It is not possible to feel otherwise. Before, I had never left my home for a long period of time so I have never really felt glad to because I was part of my family, and I never thought that my family was one of the most important things in my life. Sometimes I hated my family, and sometimes I didn't. I'm kind of glad that I came to GLPS. I think I have learned a valuable lesson - that my family is one of the most important things in the world, and that I should be thankful for them.

1 comment:

  1. Geena,

    Great job on your descriptive essay! Your writing exhibits understanding of organisation, cohesiveness and fluency. Your level of vocabulary is pretty good and I would like to see you employ a wider variety of vocabulary in your future blog entries.

    ReplyDelete