Sunday, January 8, 2012

The First Time I Went to the U.S

 Many people have been to other countries for a trip. Many children have been to other countries for learning. When I was in 2nd grade, I moved to the U.S with my family because my father had decided to take a trip to the U.S.
 When I got off the plane in New York, I remember seeing the bright sunlight through the windows. I boarded another plane that went to Boston, where I met my mother's friend and her family. They drove us to the house that we were staying in until we found a house to live in. The owners of the house had a brown cat, which I really liked. Near the house, there was a nice park. The whole time that we were living in that house, my parents looked for a house to live in. They took me to about 3 or 4 houses before choosing one to live in. Sooner than I thought, they found a house suitable for us.
 The house we moved into was a part of an apartment. This apartment had a row of houses in the front, and the actual apartment building in the back. We moved into one of the houses in the front. It was 2 floors with a carpeted floor. The entrance separated the staircase from the living room and kitchen, which were connected. On the 2nd floor, there were the bedrooms and bathrooms. The backdoor led to the garage. I had a really good time while I was living in that house, and I met many other Korean kids that I became close friends with.
 I went to a school called Peirce Elementary school. I attended all of 3rd grade and half of 4th grade. All of my Korean friends went to this school. I had many other good friends, some of whom I still contact. I had the same teacher for the whole time I went to that school. She was very kind and nice to me. I remember being late on the first day of 3rd grade because the bus came late. However, I do not remember being punished. During the first few days, I became friends with two American girls. They came to me first and asked me if I wanted to play with them. I thought this was really nice of them. Over time, I made more friend, and I came to enjoy school. It was very fun to live in a different country.
썸네일
 I had gone to many other countries before this experience, and I had always liked it, but this trip to the U.S was the first time that I had ever lived in a foreign country. It has made me feel that maybe living in a foreign country isn't that bad at all. I think it may have given me more confidence to try things, like coming to GLPS. I wish that I could go to and learn new things .

1 comment:

  1. Jeyoung,

    Fantastic storytelling! You did an excellent job with your narrative. Your grammar is practically flawless, your story flowed, and you engaged your readers. Kudos and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete